Boyfriend is being a butt.

Check the refrigerator for the DVD remote.

My Mom used to put the blender and the toaster, in the fridge, all the time.

And people stopped using Win95, when XP came out. Go ahead and let that go. After 16 years, it's time for an upgrade. He was probably trying to watch it on the DVD player and he went back in time, to before remotes. There is no DVD. It's turned into a BetaMax.

CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL...he has some control issues. he beats you down until you break and then tells you he is sorry and it makes him feel more of man because he has comforted you. RUN RUN RUN....Trust me I have lived with it for years and it only gets worse!

If I could find a picture of HUGE RED FLAG i would paste on here.

You can't win here. Even if you spend an entire week tearing the house apart looking for the stupid CD, whenever it's found he will still be convinced that you hid it there cause you took it.

Unfortunately, sometimes bad relationships screw people up forever. My husbands ex-wife was a hypochondriac (still is). She was dying from everything! Even after being divorced 9 years, he still hears about her telling their kid she has cancer and had surgery (she actually had cramps one day which prompted her to tell everyone it was cancer. Then her pretend surgery was when she stayed drunk for 3 weeks and didn't do a darn thing not even call her son.
roll.png
) oh yeah, and the pretend back surgery. I almost forgot about that one! The worlds only person to have 2 major surgeries and no incision scars
gig.gif
He knows/admits she's a hypochondriac. Over the years they were together he got so used to ignoring her pretend symptoms, that now he has a hard time accepting that somebody has real symptoms. It's really frustrating when I fall and pull a muscle and am honestly in pain and he gives this 'yeah, ok' look. I tried to point it out to him, but he didn't seem to get it.

I really do believe that a bad relationship can change your thought patterns to the point that you can't see things from a normal prospective. Just my $.02

Quote:
First off hugs to the OP and you HLL and anyone else that has been in this situation.
hugs.gif

Second.... RUN, just like a few here have already said. It does not get better, ever. There will come a time when nothing you do or say is right or good enough. Been there, admittedly more than once. I had to fix myself so I would quit ending up in relationships like this. It was a pattern I didn't recognize for a long time. Now I am married to a wonderful caring and supportive man, but baby it has been a long road. DON"T waste any more of your time or heart. Please!!

Quote:

I agree with this whole heartdly! My husband and I have had to work through some issues from both of our pasts. Luckily we are both able to recognize that this is where they come from and we can talk about it. I won't say it has been easy, but we have both come a long ways.

Back
Top Bottom