1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

boys' ? girls? not great pics..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrsherman, May 18, 2008.

1. mrsherman

mrsherman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    The ones with less feathers on the wings are most likely males

1 person likes this.
  3. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Way too young to tell. Post pics when they are 8 weeks or older, it'll be much easier then.

4. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    If you purchased sexed pullets then odds are that is what you have. If from a hatchery and didn't specify not to send extras then they always toss in a few males to get rid of them. Anything extra you didn't order is a (vent sexed) male.

Pandapaw23 made a good point that females feather in faster and a quick glance of chicks wings easily tells which are female and male in a straight run.

BTW, I really like the look of chick on right in second photo. It's a classic owl look and really interesting. No idea what breed it is.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    I agree.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I agree. If you want the most accurate judgment, you have to wait for it. No one can ID just out of the shell but, everyone seems to want that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by