1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Boys or Gals? (picture heavy!)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kimchick621, Nov 13, 2012.

1. kimchick621

kimchick621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2012
    I have these pretty little 3 week old pencil laced plymouth rocks that I was raising for a local hatchery. He ran out of brooder space, and for lending him a hand I get to keep 3 of these babies. I'd like to keep a roo, and two gals and he's coming tomorrow to pick the rest up. So, I need your help, ASAP!

Chick 1 -- I'm thinking is a pullet (or just too young to tell)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 2 - I'm stumped

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 3- I think is a roo (I mean, look at those feet!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 4 - I think is a pullet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 5 - This poor fella is the runt, and is probably just not developed enough to know.

[​IMG]

Chick 6 - I think is a roo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have three more chicks, but I started not to not be able to tell who I'd picked up, and who I hadn't so if I can figure that out, there'll be another post with 3 more chicks. I know it's super young to really know for sure, but I'd love your best guesses so I can get what I'd like to add to my flock by tomorrow. :)

2. kimchick621

Oct 23, 2012
    Chick 7 -- Your guess is as good as mine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 8 -- maybe a roo?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick 9 -- I'm guessing pullet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Cool pics!

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like they maybe partridge in color but at this age it is really hard to tell for sure

5. kimchick621

Oct 23, 2012
    So the guy came this morning (nicest guy ever I will mention), and I have picked my three babies. I stuck with chick #'s 1, 3, and 5. Hoping they'll be 2 hens and a roo. There's next to nothing out there on Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks, so I suppose I will try to post pics as they grow to help out other people who may have them. They're lovely, and I hope the roo ends up being a nice one, or he'll end up being stew!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by