1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Boys or girls....10 weeks old

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kuntrychick, Nov 8, 2011.

1. kuntrychick

kuntrychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    I posted a few pics of my "babies" I believe back when they were 6 weeks old. There are 2 that I absolutely know are girls. There are 6 that I'm certain are boys, but these 2...I'm still not sure. Whatcha think since they're older...now 10 weeks old.

1. This is a BO/EE mix...got the whitish pink looking legs & feet from the BO:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Again, this is another BO/EE mix....got the whitish pink legs & feet but not sure where that coloring came from (I do have a POL EE pullet that looks very similar to this, but has darker markings & has the slate legs & feet...I'll post it's pic @ the bottom).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the POL EE pullet that looks very similar to that one:

[​IMG]

So, are they boys or girls?

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Both cockerels.

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:x2 [​IMG]

4. kuntrychick

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    Quote:Man, I was hoping they were just too young before to tell, was so hoping they'd be girls.

The EE pullet IS a pullet, though, right? She is 20 weeks old. Cause the little 10 week old white one looks a lot like her to me & runs so short & squatty like the BO mom....LOL

I want some girls!! [​IMG]

5. aoxa

Quote:Man, I was hoping they were just too young before to tell, was so hoping they'd be girls.

The EE pullet IS a pullet, though, right? She is 20 weeks old. Cause the little 10 week old white one looks a lot like her to me & runs so short & squatty like the BO mom....LOL

I want some girls!! [​IMG]

Yes. She definitely looks like a girl. The boy has more roo rail feathers. And the comb is the same size as a ready to lay pullet. That should be a dead give away at 10 weeks old! [​IMG]

ETA: Look at his saddle feathers as well. Those are very manly. He's going to be very pretty! Your EE hen is beautiful as well. Just one more excuse to go out and buy more hens [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  6. kuntrychick

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    Can't they just be ready to lay 10-week olds? LOL J/K....I just don't wanna have to get rid of 8 of my 10 "babies" [​IMG]

7. aoxa

Quote:Aww [​IMG]

Yeah. I would have a hard time as well. You don't want to have that many roos fighting all the time over two girls..

8. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    both look like roos

9. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    roos

10. kuntrychick

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    ETA: Look at his saddle feathers as well. Those are very manly. He's going to be very pretty! Your EE hen is beautiful as well. Just one more excuse to go out and buy more hens [​IMG]

Thanks! I bet the white EE pullet & the white EE roo would = some pretty little EE mutts when they get older. Whatcha think?​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by