Boys or girls? And what breed?

Two cockerels and a pullet. Boys get red in the comb much earlier than pullets. A pullet at 14 weeks would just now be starting to pink up a bit in the comb. Those boys look like they have been red for several weeks now.

A tip on trying for pictures... Put the feed out where you can get at all 3 sides, and snap the pics while they eat ;)

Make sure to get faces in there :)

I think I see 2 roos, but have no idea how old they are, or what the black blur is lol :D

The black one decided to move its head right when I took the picture... I usually do pictures at night wben they are calmer I have a light outside the run so I can work on my garden once the kids are in bed Lol and they are stubbornly insisting on sleeping under the outside light in the run ...( not a heat lamp, just a light)

Two cockerels and a pullet. Boys get red in the comb much earlier than pullets. A pullet at 14 weeks would just now be starting to pink up a bit in the comb. Those boys look like they have been red for several weeks now.

I thought so too.... Ah well my favorite is the girl anyway I can't keep any more roosters . they are Japanese mixes supposedly (pure Japanese but mixed colors...I think the parents were mottled and grey Japanese bantams) the guy I bought them from was mostly sure they were girls but I wasn't... And I really wanted the brown one, shes got millefleur markings ( they were sold together)

Back
Top Bottom