Boys or girls *update*

Lacey1988

Songster
8 Years
Apr 7, 2011
Mississippi
Thanks to the ones who let me know my Dark Cornish is a roo, now here's some pics from the little chick he/she done grew up a little since then so let me no what you think.....

85624_michelles_253.jpg

85624_michelles_255.jpg

Last edited:
I also think that the Dark Cornish is a rooster. I can't tell what the other chicks are yet. I hope they are hens. Another way you can tell if the Dark Cornish is a rooster is to check the hackle feathers. If they are pointed is a rooster, if they are rounded it is a hen. Good Luck. Maddie

Quote:
yeah the dark cornish looks like a roo, the babies to soon.
fl.gif

Does it take longer for Cornishes to show their "rooish" side cause its four months fixing to be five and it doesn't crow,it acts like a hen, and the spurs haven't grown at all

The Cornish is a male, definitely.

The other two it would help if you'd clarify their breed, but they look like Easter Eggers to me, so it's too hard to say at this young. If on a bet, I'd say top girl bottom boy, telling by color so far, but that's a dangerous bet.

Actually they are either a SLW mixed with a Red Sex-link or a BO mixed with a Red Sex-link......I know for certain of this because I only had them two hens(SLW & BO) and a red sex-link roo...My BO hatched em.....As for the Dark Cornish I really don't care about the sex I live in the boon docks nobody cares about hearing COCK-A-DOODLE -DOO in the Morning lol

Back
Top Bottom