Boys or girls *update*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lacey1988, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Thanks to the ones who let me know my Dark Cornish is a roo, now here's some pics from the little chick he/she done grew up a little since then so let me no what you think.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. Cochin378

Cochin378 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2010
    I also think that the Dark Cornish is a rooster. I can't tell what the other chicks are yet. I hope they are hens. Another way you can tell if the Dark Cornish is a rooster is to check the hackle feathers. If they are pointed is a rooster, if they are rounded it is a hen. Good Luck. Maddie

3. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:yeah the dark cornish looks like a roo, the babies to soon. [​IMG]

4. Lacey1988

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Quote:yeah the dark cornish looks like a roo, the babies to soon. [​IMG]

Does it take longer for Cornishes to show their "rooish" side cause its four months fixing to be five and it doesn't crow,it acts like a hen, and the spurs haven't grown at all

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The Cornish is a male, definitely.

The other two it would help if you'd clarify their breed, but they look like Easter Eggers to me, so it's too hard to say at this young. If on a bet, I'd say top girl bottom boy, telling by color so far, but that's a dangerous bet.

6. Lacey1988

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Actually they are either a SLW mixed with a Red Sex-link or a BO mixed with a Red Sex-link......I know for certain of this because I only had them two hens(SLW & BO) and a red sex-link roo...My BO hatched em.....As for the Dark Cornish I really don't care about the sex I live in the boon docks nobody cares about hearing COCK-A-DOODLE -DOO in the Morning lol

7. Lacey1988

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Please let me know this is a girl

8. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I don't know the sex but the one you are holding is out of the Wyandotte.
    I had a GLW cross earlier this year and his comb was the same shape.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by