We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

Boys or girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kezzahh, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Kezzahh

Kezzahh In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2019
    There are six chicks altogether . 4 are polish, one is a cuckoo and one (I'm pretty sure this ones a rooster) is a lavender.
    They are now 4 weeks old. I'm convinced 2 are roosters but unsure with the rest. Don't have much experience with this. I do know it's still difficult to tell but if anyone can see any clues please do share with me.
    Also wondering if Drax (the black frizzle polish might be silver laced? Not sure how that looks on a chick. Unfortunately the pictures aren't quite in order. They didn't stay in the order I selected them
    2 pictures of each chick
    1. Black frizzle polish - photos 1 & 2
    2. Grey frizzle polish - photo 3rd and 7th
    3. Black polish with white head fluff and solid black at the front of its fluff - photo 4 & 18
    4. Cuckoo
    5. Lavender
    6. Black polish, white with black pattern fluff - photo 5 & 12

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    FowlWitch likes this.
  2. grayjay11o

grayjay11o Songster

Jun 24, 2019
    New Hampshire
    It's difficult to tell with the crested ones but I think the first black chickens and the lavender frizzle are roosters.

Kezzahh and FowlWitch like this.
  3. ecb4156

ecb4156 Chirping

May 12, 2019
    1- cockerel. The spikey “Afro” (as I like to call it) is a main sign that it’s a boy

6- a pullet I believe. It’s hard to tell.

Can you take a side picture of all of them. The way they hold themselves is a good way to tell aswell

4. Kezzahh

Kezzahh In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2019
    Yeah thats my thinking too. Not sure about the others but those two I'm thinking roosters. Thanks for your reply.

5. Kezzahh

Kezzahh In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2019

6. Kezzahh

Kezzahh In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2019
    Here are some side angle pictures of 4 of them.

Attached Files:

7. Kezzahh

Kezzahh In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2019
    Act
    Ually this is just 3 chicks. 2 pictures of one. Two of the chicks are very simular looking makes it a little confusing. I may get some more side photos later.

8. ecb4156

ecb4156 Chirping

May 12, 2019
    Hmmm. I’m not sure about the frizzle ones but the black and white I believe is a pullet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: