Simimaus

Chirping
Jan 3, 2020
Prairie Grove
They are 13 week old Easter Eggers. 6 side by side, one in background. Any tips on gender? I know it’s hard to tell by the way they are sitting
BF4E186A-89EB-4DDC-97FB-376498824A27.jpeg

cherylwillard1

Songster
Feb 20, 2014
I don't see any obvious saddle feathers - those are a dead giveaway. Hens have soft, fluffy feathers, roos have stiff neck feathers and long saddle and tail feathers. Also, keep an eye on the wattles and combs. These look like hens to me. Roos tend to be more stand offish, too, when roosting. Hens cluster, roos take a lone position. Not absolute, but my observation.

Simimaus

Chirping
Jan 3, 2020
Prairie Grove
I don't see any obvious saddle feathers - those are a dead giveaway. Hens have soft, fluffy feathers, roos have stiff neck feathers and long saddle and tail feathers. Also, keep an eye on the wattles and combs. These look like hens to me. Roos tend to be more stand offish, too, when roosting. Hens cluster, roos take a lone position. Not absolute, but my observation.
I hope you are right. Only one of the brown ones has a bigger comb. But both brown ones got shillery green tail feathers that has me worried. All 7 are so friendly. I call them my 7 piranhas. When I put my hand out they all come running. But I can’t keep the Roos. Already have a 18 month old Silkie roo and a 24 week old EE roo
I especially hope the second and third from left are girls

HappyClucker7

Crowing
Apr 28, 2016
New York
I hope you are right. Only one of the brown ones has a bigger comb. But both brown ones got shillery green tail feathers that has me worried. All 7 are so friendly. I call them my 7 piranhas. When I put my hand out they all come running. But I can’t keep the Roos. Already have a 18 month old Silkie roo and a 24 week old EE roo
I especially hope the second and third from left are girls
The third from the left is definitely a girl. The second from the left looks like a boy though, unfortunately. :(

Top Bottom