Boys or Girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by m3talfingers, Apr 17, 2011.

1. m3talfingers

m3talfingers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Ok so I have a couple of 4 week and 3 day old hopeful pullets! The blonde is a buff Orphington and the brown is a EE. My local feed barn says there's a 5% error on the sexing of chicks so it's not a guarantee they will be female. What do you all think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. the EE is definitly a girl. but the orp, i'm not so sure. my bantam standard cross rooster's comb was about that size when we got him. but then again, i'm not very familiar with orps yet

3. paramedic07

paramedic07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Bergman, AR
    i haveboth and i'd say both pullets.

4. wait a second... can you get a better picture of the buff orpington's legs? i think i might see the start of spur growth

5. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    Quote:hens can get spurs

6. mother o' chicks72 :

i know, but its extremely uncommon, except in older birds that quit laying, then its more likely.​

7. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon

i know, but its extremely uncommon, except in older birds that quit laying, then its more likely.

i isn't that uncommon, one of my friends has hens and 3 of them have spurs

8. Rscopin

Rscopin Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2010
    My Buff Orps are the same age. The roos definately have a comb more pink than that. She looks like my pullets. I think they are both girls.

9. m3talfingers

m3talfingers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Thanks for the quick replies as always! I can't take anymore pics right now but ill try to get more up later. Also i don't see any spurs growing on the orph

10. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    girls [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by