boys or girls ???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CLAIRE MCNAIR, Sep 18, 2012.

1. CLAIRE MCNAIR

CLAIRE MCNAIR Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    hi can anyone help me ... my chooks are now 5 wks old - one maran - one welsummer and two buff orpingtons .. can anyone help me sex them .. im new to this .. but pretty sure after googling etc i know what they are .. just want to be sure .. although wont be getting rid of them just yet as have grown too close and will keep till the noise begins !!!

if u want to add me as a friend .. pls do so .. new to the website too .. so not quite sure how it all works ..thank u

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

:welcome

I'd love to help, but can't unless there are pictures. :)

If you have any questions about BYC - feel free to ask. You can send me a PM (click my name on the left and it will say: Send PM.)

3. CLAIRE MCNAIR

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    thanks for replying ... new to it and not sure how it all works.. can u not see my albums then ... i posted the pics and can see them there and they should be public x

4. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    The best way to get answers is to add pics to this thread with the age of each bird. And maybe number them so we can tell the BO's apart.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  5. aoxa

[​IMG]
    The two ones there are boys. The ones eating out of your hand.

Both of the buffs look like girls.

[​IMG]
    You should make this your avatar picture. It is beyond adorable!!

6. CLAIRE MCNAIR

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    [​IMG]

7. aoxa

Yep. Definitely boys on the two up front. Buff is definitely a girl :)

8. CLAIRE MCNAIR

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    [​IMG]
    this is a 5 wks old black maran .. called cocoa .. im pretty sure i know what sex this is

9. CLAIRE MCNAIR

Aug 13, 2012
    Hampshire
    i was thinking that the welsummer was a boy - the maran was a boy and i have two buff orpingtons that look the same which i think are girls... wonder how long i will have to wait till be 100 % sure.... when the crowing starts i guess

10. aoxa

I am 100% sure now. No chance that they are girls in my opinion.

The buffs could go the other way. I have never said "Oh 100% a boy" and been wrong. On the other front, I have been.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by