1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BQ Silkies

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by austincoopersilkiesies, Dec 29, 2011.

1. austincoopersilkiesies

austincoopersilkiesies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    I Have A Black Non-Bearded Silkie Girl And I Dont Know What Quality She Is She Has Good Tight Wing Carriage But Her Crest Is Not Big Because She Is Not Valted In The Skull Which I Prefer Cause I Dont Like Having Little Brains Exposed Can You Post Picks Of Your Non-Bearded Or Even Bearded BQ or SQ Girls Head On Full Side And Feet And Hackles Please

2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

best thing for you to do to get an evaluation on your bird is to post a picture so people can give you an opinion on her.

Vaulted or not doesn't matter about the large crest, I have seen plenty of non-vaulted silkies have crests just as large as a vaulted bird. Also a non-vaulted can still throw vaulted offspring.

3. scooby8863

scooby8863 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2011
    Here is My non-bearded black pullet, but I would consider her show quality, sorry I don't have pics of the feet etc. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. austincoopersilkiesies

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    Quote:She Is Cute!! How Old Is She Mine Is Still What I Call A Baby She Is 6 Months Old.She Kind Of Looks Like Your Girl.

5. scooby8863

Jan 8, 2011
    Thanks!!! She's only 5 months old [​IMG]

6. austincoopersilkiesies

Feb 27, 2010
    Downingtown Pa
    Your welcome mine is 6 months old and is Bq I talked to a breeder and she evaluated her I am thrilled. I now have tobfind a boy for her.

7. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:Is it the lighting in the pic, or does she have silver in her hackles and wing?

8. scooby8863

Jan 8, 2011
    Quote:Is it the lighting in the pic, or does she have silver in her hackles and wing?

The off coloring is just from the lighting she has no leaking or anything.

9. scooby8863

Jan 8, 2011
    Quote:That's great Good Luck on finding a boy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by