BR and Delawares getting Big ***PIC HEAVY***

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lanissa86, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow, Its so amazing to watch how fast these feathered kids grow! It seems like yesterday they hatched... now they are about 8 weeks old!

Soon I am going to have to choose to keep just one Roo, but That just Seems IMPOSSIBLE!

Cyn, all your BR babies are such gentlemen and sweet as can be, and the Delaware Roos are such cuddle Bugs.

I have no clue which Roo to pick! I want to keep one of each, but I only ended up with 2 BR, and 2 Delaware pullets.. 2 Roos is definitely 2 Too many.. [​IMG]

Well, here are a few pics I just snapped when I went outside at 10 p.m. to check on them before signing on here and going to bed for the night...

Looking at me wondering why I was outside with a flashing lights at them.. LOL
    [​IMG]

My WelsummerXBlue Ameraucana Mix (that needs a home) was not pleased about me waking him up.. LOL
    [​IMG]

My 6 Barred Rocks (Cyn's grand-babies!) 2 Girls and 4 Boys
    [​IMG]

Funny Pic
    [​IMG]

Cute Delaware Couple
    [​IMG]

Cutie!
    [​IMG]

Dels!
    [​IMG]

I like this pic
    [​IMG]

The roo with the darker tail is not as cuddly as the others, but I like his color. The other is a Sweetheart!
    [​IMG]

This is the Sweetheart I might end up keeping, depends if I can really let a Barred rock boy go!
    [​IMG]

My pretty girls, with a boy in the middle
    [​IMG]

2. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Not too many folks seem to have Delawares and post pictures....

3. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    They are so gorgeous - I can see your dilemma!!! [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wow, you did end up roo-heavy, didn't you? Sorry about that-usually is a bit more even on the numbers of girls/boys! If you want a BR rooster, pic the one with the best, most crisp barring. Front Porch Indiana has a rooster named Bob from mine that is an example of really good barring. Check out her pics on here within the last week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by