1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BR experts what do you think LOL ** PICS ADDED **

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Crazy4Chicks, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well here they are a little older and with a little more feathers - they are not growing as fast as everyone else in the brooder - they are the last to get tails - they are bravier than the others always chest bumping my hand or pecking me when I put my hands in there ---

do they look rooish or girlish in anyway ????

here they are about a week or so ago

[​IMG]

here they are today

[​IMG]

does this one more silvery ? could it be a roo
    [​IMG]

less silver looking ? maybe a pullet ??

[​IMG]

I am hoping to have a roo and a pullet breeding pair with these two [​IMG]

Julie

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  2. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    With my bo's the roos are lighter in color than the pullets. And I think the roos are a little more peckish than the pullets. Beautiful biddies!! I love bo's, and I think they act a little smarter than the rest of my chickens.

3. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I just noiticed in the background that the brooder looks nasty - sorry about that everyone - today is brooder cleaning day when DH comes home LOL - tomorrow I am adding chicken wire to the bottom of a hoop coop and the brooder babies will be going outside for a few hours everyday ( weather permitting )

well one of the BR's does look lighter than the other - or am I just seeing things ??

Julie

4. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    anyone else have any ideas ??? [​IMG]

Julie

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I keep staring and if I went solely on their leg color, I'd say both boys. The one on perched on your fist, I'd say cockerel because of the wide white barring on the wing. The other one, not quite sure yet. Wish I could be more definitive for you, Julie. I even got my DH to look and he says they're giving mixed signals, too, LOL. We hatch these all the time and the pullets always have black down the leg fronts, at least the ones we're familiar with.

6. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    is it just me or does it look like they are not feathering out very much ? all the other brooder babies have alot more feathers and longer wing feathers and tails LOL these two are giving me such a headache - they are very brave little buggers so no fear of anything and they do alot of chest bumping to others and my hand -- I guess I will give it another week or so and repost pics of these 2 --

thank you Cyn - for taking a look -- I guess look for more pics in about another week or so [​IMG]

Julie

7. chickmomma30

chickmomma30 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Odessa MO
    looks like one roo and one hen. but still a little early for me to tell lol.

8. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    I have two chicks that are Barred Rock also. One has black going down the front of the legs, and the other has the same but darker black and a little tinge of black on the black of the legs. ? The bigger one has a white spot on top of the head, the other is pitch black. So under you best judgement, what are they?

9. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    i think you have a pair of cockerals.

10. Crazy4GameCocks

Crazy4GameCocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    hey sis cute chicks we have about 30 now more to hatch yet in bator and out side under mama

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by