1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BR hen with EE roo what is the result?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ShortCircuitRanch2332, Jul 11, 2011.

1. ShortCircuitRanch2332

ShortCircuitRanch2332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    lol just a question but what would you get by crossing a EE roo with BR hen?? I already hatched an egg but just curious as to what it will look like when grown

2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    I am not sure,
    i guess you'll find out [​IMG]
    sometimes the babies dont look at all like their parents. mine did'nt [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Males will be barred (from the mom)and females will most likely be solid colored. That's only if the BR is the hen. If the BR is the sire, then all chicks will have some degree of barring.

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Quote:Not to hijack this thread so I have BR/NN eggs in the bator. My NN will be barred? Cool!

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Yes. That's something I've actually done and the pullets were black, the cockerals were barred. I love the sex link projects!

6. ShortCircuitRanch2332

ShortCircuitRanch2332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    ok well like I said the sire is the EE and the BR is the hen so there sexlinks then? and how do I sex them I hatched 1 so far and I have 6 more hatching now the one that hatched is all black with a white stomach
    also what color eggs? I know the BR lays red and the EE's lay green so any ideas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by