BR Laid 2 eggs, then stopped!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by andthenhen, Sep 17, 2011.

1. andthenhen

andthenhen New Egg

Jul 12, 2011
    I have 3 chickens and my BR started laying a couple of weeks ago. She laid 2 eggs in two days- one was small with a thin shell & the other one looked like a normal-sized egg.

Then a few days later she wasn't as active & her loud morning clucking had stopped. Her comb wasn't as red & was wilted over a little. A few days later her comb looked better and she was much more active.

That was 2 weeks ago and we haven't had any eggs since! Any ideas or suggestions?

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    First of all [​IMG]

Sometimes when they first start laying they stop but give her time and she will start up again.

3. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    i agree with the post above this

4. AFChick

AFChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Central NC
    Quote:x2 and welcome to BYC [​IMG]

5. andthenhen

andthenhen New Egg

Jul 12, 2011
    Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the answer! It's good to know that Lola will start laying again & not to be worried.

6. abejita

abejita Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    How funny...my BR is named lola also!

7. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    We got 20 BR day-old chicks in early April - 11 hens, 8 . About a month ago, we started getting small eggs. First, 2 or 3. Then, 5 or 6. Now, we get 8-11. I wouldn't worry about a gap in laying - some of our hens lay distinguishable eggs (color, spots), and they may start off inconsistent but will re-start again.

8. andthenhen

andthenhen New Egg

Jul 12, 2011
    Update: Lola is laying again! And consistently! She has been laying every other day for about a week. I just got to watch her lay, too! So fun.

9. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by