BR Poults

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by franckowiakfarm, Feb 22, 2013.

1. franckowiakfarm

franckowiakfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2013
    Hi. Wondering if anyone will ship Bourbon Red poults this spring and if so, how much do you charge? Also interested in eggs so please include that info as well. TIA. I just purchased my first two BR's a few weeks ago and am trying to plan ahead. I'd like to have about 30 this year. Thanks.

2. frank53061

frank53061 Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know if anyone here would ship any Poults to you its a tricky deal.
    But if your asking what Hatchery to order from I have only used one Hatchery out of Missouri because I live in Arkansas and its close to me and the shipping is less of a distance.
    I ordered the minimum order witch is 15 Red Bourbons they sent 17 and all made it very well and lived to adults.
    The hatchery I used was Chackle Hatchery.
    With shipping I believe it was around $125.00.
    I Would suggest waiting till the weather is warm to have them delivered I had my Poults delivered the first of April and I am having some Chicks delivered the same time this year I would not wait to order tho they get bought up fast I have already ordered my Chicks 2 weeks ago for replacment of my aging Chickens and to try a diffrent breed.
    I hope I was of some help to you good luck.

3. franckowiakfarm

franckowiakfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2013
    Thank you for all the great info. I have found a hatchery in Michigan (where I am located) and will probably end up going through them. I also found some swap/sales throughout MI that I will look into too. Thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by