BR roo, EE bantam roo need good homes - Central IN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FrontPorchIndiana, Jan 29, 2009.

1. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a situation here and cannot keep all my roos. They're good healthy guys, they just need their own space. I don't have enough individual pens to keep them separated. I really don't want to let them go, but it's not fair to them to have to try to protect themselves all the time.

First there is Bob. He's the son of Speckledhen's acclaimed Hawkeye. He's really good looking, although he is currently in a mini molt. He's about 9 months old. Can be aggressive on occasion but is easily redirected by reminding him who's in charge. I think he would be fine if he could be the only roo as at other times he likes to sit in my lap and be petted.

[​IMG]

Then there is Little Jack Scallywag. About 7 months old. He's an EE bantam. Sweet as can be, not even a little bit aggressive. They wounded his eye recently but he seems to be making a full recovery.

[​IMG]

I would love it if someone would be kind enough to give these guys a place to live. My only option would be to keep them in small cages which would be cruel for these active fellas or continue to let them beat each other up.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. Cruiser

Cruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    W. Terre Haute IN.
    Were are you at in Indiana? I might be interested in Bob. My DD had a B.O. named Bob he died 3-4 week ago & she has been looking for a new Bob.

3. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey Cruiser, I sent you a PM.

4. Cruiser

Cruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    W. Terre Haute IN.
    I sent you one back.

5. AWChickens

AWChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Ooops!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  6. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    YAY! Both Bob and Little Jack have found new homes. THANK YOU everyone. I'm so glad they'll be well taken care of.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by