bra baby

chickenmuther77

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 25, 2013
northern california
Bok bok :)
Hi all I am a crazy chicken lady from California. A bit about me... ive always loved chickens and finally got my first clutch of 3 day Olds a couple of months back and when I had to go out of town for work my ex neglected my babies out of spite. 3 dissapeared and 2 were dead and one limp necked one eye open barely moving was saved. My friend and I scooped her up and bra carried her for a whole day got her eating and drinking and 2 days later she climbed out of a tall wicker basket and navigated through the house to her mother and spent many happy days on my shoulder by my face and would peck oranges in my hoods. Ripley was my love (Ripley as she was the sole survivor). We got her a new clutch who she herded and taught it was precious. Then the stupid fox came and ate all the new babies but Ripley! Then we hatched some of our own eggs and she had new minions!!! The dam fox got them all recently and I got to thinking as I collected eggs the other day I bet I could hatch an egg in my bra being as I had stashed one for safekeeping and forgot untill later so...Ripley Jr was laid yesterday and resides by my heart...kinda lol i turn her frequently and will shower with her tomorow. Being a side/back sleeper who hugs a pillow I think shes safe at least so far and the last few days will be in a recliner. 1 successful night and day in the books....20 to go!!!! Part of me is doing it to be weird and part to show a bunch of great kids anythings possible lol!!!! Wish me luck and bring on any good advice...negative Nancy haters can bok right off!!!!

Thanks for the info and encouragement I added another just incase and for a playmate lol 2 days apart I hope one encourages the other at hatching. So far 2 nights and a shower in the books.

Last edited:
U go gal!!! More power to you. I wish I had remembered this 2 days ago when I had a day 25 hatch (one chick hatched) and the dogs got the rest I pulled out after Broody left to tend to the one chick-- I would have given them another day or so.............

Next time (for me I would go a few days) I will def give it a go.... Keep us updated....

Back
Top Bottom