1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brabanter/Faverolle

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by babyrnlc, Sep 26, 2011.

1. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    What do you think a Brabanter and a faverolle cross would look like. Anyone done that. I am not thinking of doing that (not gonna have a rooster), but I was think how sweet my Brabanters are and how cool they look, but a little on the thin/gamey side for my taste. Then I thought how cool to get the weight of a SF and maybe the fluffy legs. And they are sweet too. Though, not sure I would want to cover those cool blue legs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    Quote:The slim build is part of the standard of perfection in the UK and Europe.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I don't mean to offend but that Faverolle girl shown there looks no meatier than the Brabanter [​IMG] She's just fluffier.

The birds will look a little like this though -

[​IMG]

But with little to absolutely no crest, and of course feathered legs. [​IMG] Also depending on who's mom who's dad, they might be silver too, but the non-silvers will have a lighter gold coloration, influence of the cream gene from the Brabanter. They won't have blue legs though, as the white legs of Faverolles are dominant.

4. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    Quote:Cool thanks. I was just having a curious moment. I didn't really mean meatier. I meant fluff. I like the fluffiness. Like the Bo.

I think my brabanters and my Ancona are cool looking but I prefer "fatter" aka fluffier ones lol.

5. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    I love my Brabanters, but I was looking at them the other day and thinking to myself that if I ever needed to eat any of them, it'd take 2 to make a meal. They are very leggy, skinny chickens. I really like that look, but it's definitely not meaty. I've got some LF Cochins that are 8 weeks old, and they're already more than half the size of my 18 week old Brabanters. Of course, a lot of that is fluff, but I imagine they'll still be huge by comparison when they're grown. lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by