1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brabanter Roosters - Central New York

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by fudo, Aug 7, 2013.

1. fudo

fudo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2012
    I have (4) Brabanter Cockrels for re-homing. I have (2) Cream and (2) Gold. Beautiful birds all with good dispositions. I received them in error from the hatcheries that I purchased my pullets from. 5 roos out of 17 birds all together is a bit too much for the girls. These guys have been raised on Dumor feed and grass. They free range most days but occasionally will be caged when we are not home.

the Cream Brabanters were hatched the week of March 27, 2013 and the Golds were hatched the week of May 12, 2013.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ninjagirl

ninjagirl Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2012
    Where in central NY are you? I am in Greene county. Interested in the lighter colored in the 2nd and 3rd pictures.

3. fudo

fudo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2012
    We are in Weedsport.

4. fudo

fudo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2012
    We found homes for all. I want to leave the images up so, I will leave this posting active.

5. miquwid

miquwid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2013
    Western NY
    My Coop
    Do you breed brabanters?

I will send you pic of mine when I get one and tell me what you think of her.

6. fudo

fudo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2012
    We do not breed them - there is way too much responsibility associated with breeding these birds (at least in my mind). I have two left in my flock. 1 female with no beard and a very wide crest and 1 very ugly male. the only thing he has going for him is his great personality. To be kind, he does have a nice three-part beard, his comb is nice and his crest is great too. I would recommend if you are interested in Brabanters, to check out the Facebook group for them. https://www.facebook.com/groups/AmericanBrabanterChickens/. They have been a great resource for breed quality, health issues, etc.

7. miquwid

miquwid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2013
    Western NY
    My Coop
    Thanks that is very helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by