My question concerns Bracken Ferns and the fact that they are toxic. We have built our chicken house and are preparing to build our covered run. The area we are planning to enclose is large area and it is completely infested with Bracken Ferns. My husband took the DR to the area 3 months ago, but you'd never know it. The ferns grow so fast! They are 6 feet tall. They are beautiful, but toxic to chickens. He plans to take the DR to them again (amazing machine!) but we know they will come back. They're roots wont come up with them when pulled or dug, and I think ferns reproduce with spores if I was awake during that part of my college botony class 20 years ago. I would love any ideas from people out there about how to rid them. I can't use poison because chickens will be in there. I am sure they will be interested in the frawn sprouts when the come up. Are all parts toxic?