Hi all, We're about to get our first chickens and our coop and run is in an area where there is a large patch of bracken fern. We've cleaned away all ferns so that they cannot reach and eat the ferns, but there may still be spores in/on the ground. We've read that bracken is poisonous for chickens, so these are my questions 1. how poisonous is it? Will they drop dead after eating the spores? Is it gradual? What symptoms? 2. will they transmit whatever is poisonous in the eggs? We've read that bracken spores can cause cancer, is that a concern if you eat the eggs or meat of a chicken that was exposed to this? 3. if we need to get rid of it all, how best to do this without extensive use of pesticides? Since we're new to this I don't even know if the information on the internet about the severity of the danger of bracken ferns is even accurate or if someone is just trying to create a scare. Thanks in advance for your help.