Brag Post: Araucana lays first egg at 15w 5d old!

UncleHoot

Songster
12 Years
May 22, 2007
St. Johns, Michigan
I was surprised to find a blue egg this weekend. I have 2 araucana's that have been laying for some time, but both of them lay green eggs. This egg was much bluer, and rather small, which means it was one of my new araucana's. (Technically, they're all EE's and/or Ameraucana's)

Less than 16 weeks old! I wasn't expecting anything for at least another couple of weeks.

Congrats!! Are their faces real red? I have 17 week old EE's and their faces just aren't red yet. They don't have any sizable comb or wattles at all.

That's so cool! Congrats!

My EE's are 19 weeks old, and I'm still waiting for the first egg. Eagerly waiting! One has some red skin on her face, particularly around the eyes. The other has only pink.

The one with the red around her eyes really had me going yesterday. She was doing the egglaying call. I was so excited, but alas, no egg. Today is another day...

Red faces... I haven't looked. I'll try to remember to do that tonight. That might tell me which of the new girls laid the egg.

One of my new EE's has a beard and short tufts. Her head is twice the size of a "normal" chicken, just from all of the feathers everywhere. She's a bit odd looking.

POST PICS!
lol.png
We want to see!

My EE, Precious, is 5.5 months and still no eggs!
duc.gif

Back
Top Bottom