1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bragging on my son, yes again!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by WriterofWords, Mar 3, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm so proud of Steven, he won the Gold Medal, 1st Nationally in the Trio Educational Talen Search from this summer. He won the State then his entry was sent to the national competition and he won it. It is an audio narrative that I wish I could let you hear but I don't know how to put it on here. But here is the pic of his medal and certificate:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The narrative talks about being kind, fair, non-judgemental, he wrote it and narrates it.

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Sounds like he takes after his mama...

Congratulations on a fine young man!

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] Thank you!

4. Orpington Poultry

Orpington Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    California
    You should be very proud of this young man. Thanks for sharing something so special with all of us.

K.

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That's so wonderful. I'm proud for you. Isn't it funny how our kids can make us so proud of them. My little guy, who is in the 1st grade, brought his report card home and I am so proud of him. He also sat down with me and got all of his make up work done tonight because he has missed a lot of school due to the flu AND strep throat. Anyways, congrats to you on raising your son to be such a great success.

6. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    LOL I shared it with you guys before the rest of the family!!

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Oh Allanah, the poor little guy! Steven is out for the entire week, he has the flu, bronchitis, ear infections and sinus infection. He ran in the track meet sick last weekend and I had no idea just how sick he was! He went to school today for the assembly just to get his award, then his grandma took him back home. Since I work next door at the Elementary school I was able to be there too.
    Your little guy sounds wonderful!

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Congratulations, Steven, for an excellent job! Yay! [​IMG]

And congratulations to a Mom doing a great job! [​IMG]

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you, and in response to a couple of emails, yes I can send you the audio file in an email as an attachment. Just send me the email address!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by