Braggs Mountain Buffs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by phasianidae, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I have seen them

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I have never seen them

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Does anyone have these? It seems that the farm that created them does not care about sales anymore, as their website order form is for 2008. If anyone has pictures I would love to see them.

2. Timmy

Timmy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    texas
  3. phasianidae

Nov 9, 2010
    thanks.

4. Timmy

Timmy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    texas
    Your welcome. They don't seam to be very popular. After looking them up I don't think it's because there is any thing wrong with them. I think it's more because there the answer to a question no one asked. There are already a lot of breeds out there that do the same thing they do and when it comes down to it they are just another barn yard mix.

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    If you search on BYC, you'll find a few threads on them. Most folks who have had them have been very disappointed; apparently, they are very slow maturing, lay late (30+ weeks), and aren't very prolific layers; also, their feed-to-egg ratio is quite high.

6. danhonour

danhonour Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    Dutchess County,NY
    On the plus side,they would make a good additional bloodline for anyone wishing to add new blood to Buff Rocks,they are yellow legged,big birds of fair buff color and fairly tight feathered and lay very large eggs.Kind of a utility or production Buff Rock.

7. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    I just got 2 1/2 dozen of these eggs from someone locally, he seems pretty excited about them and gave me some literature on them. Most of the eggs are very large and a rich brown/orange color and are rounder than other eggs, its hard to tell which end is the large end. they are going in the incubator tonight.

8. phasianidae

Nov 9, 2010
    Let us know how it goes.
    thanks, Ryan

9. Baybrio

Baybrio Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    I've heard a few folks were going to try to use them to improve their buff Chantecler for size, but I'm not sure if they did. I haven't heard any info on results anyway. I've seen the website and really liked what I read.

10. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Thoe folks just sent me something in the mail about 2 weeks ago. I have no idea how they got my address, maybe when I requested a catalog from Jeffers vet? Anyway I'll see if it is still here and reread it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by