Brahma Boy or Girl

LilyD

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 24, 2011
Bristol, VT
My Coop
My Coop
This young one is 8 weeks old this week and from an order done through Ideal for Light Brahma Pullets. I know she is really not breed standard but I am hoping she is a she rather than a he. Any thoughts?

77863_pic_1064.jpg

77863_pic_1072.jpg

Pictures aren't the greatest since she really didn't want to stay still but hopefully you will be able to see the comb enough.

full body shot would help to, from those pics looks like the combs already getting read so that one might be a boy as hatchries do make mistakes

The problem is we have 10 that look just like this one with the same combing and they were bought as pullets. I will try and get a body shot of her to show.

Mine are around the same age as yours, and they are all starting to get a little pink...I have two that I suspect are roosters, and they have very bright combs, and wattles are developing. Everyone else's combs look the color of pink starburst candy right now. Better pics would help, but don't get discoraged yet. She could still be a she.

yep could still be a pullet, and with you saying they all look like this one then she is most likly a she as i am sure you didnt get all cockreals from an all pullet order

Quote:
x2 and hatcheries generally have a 90% accuracy guarantee too. so, if more than 10% of your order turn out to be roos, they will do what they can to make it right. but we still love pictures!!! (for a scientific, defenative answer of course!)

Okay here's more pictures

77863_pic_1077.jpg

77863_pic_1079.jpg

77863_pic_1081.jpg

77863_pic_1090.jpg

It's hard to get good pictures because these babies like to move and play. They don't sit still well. We are also having a huge snowstorm right now so I can't distract them by taking them outside to play.

looks like a girl... ps. your chicken with the all white head in the sixth picture is so cute!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom