Brahma Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
I've decided to go with a different dual purpose breed since everyone, here and on facebook, kept telling me it wouldn't work. I'm getting 10-12 Brahma pullets. The feed store gets sexed pullets. I'll be selling all but 2 of them to people who feed whole prey to their dogs.

What age can Brahma pullets be butchered?

Any age you want. Expect to be disappointed.

Brahma, eventually, get big. But they are VERY slow to get there. None of mine started laying till roughly 7 months (I have no Brahma roosters), they weren't significantly heavier at that age then my Rainbows, and in some cases lightly lighter (that has now changed), for all that they appeared much bigger (its all the damned feathers), and they have the worst feed conversion of any bird in my flock.

Very best to you in your efforts.

Last edited:
I agree with the above. I raise brahmas and while they do get huge, it takes them a long time to get there.

Is there a reason you couldn't order yourself a batch of meat breed chicks from a hatchery instead of being stuck with what the feed store gets in?

I agree with the above. I raise brahmas and while they do get huge, it takes them a long time to get there.

Is there a reason you couldn't order yourself a batch of meat breed chicks from a hatchery instead of being stuck with what the feed store gets in?
I can't afford the total price right now. I can only afford what the feed store has, which is cheaper.
Also, I hate cornish x. Worst chickens ever

Because of all the feedback. I've decided not to do meat chickens. I'll be telling my customers they won't be getting their whole prey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom