brahma colors

call ducks

silver appleyard addict
13 Years
Mar 4, 2009
waterville , canada
so i saw some brahma colors that i liked . but they are from the U.K. so does any one know what i need to get these colors ? Blue columbian , Gold Brahma ?

I don't know what Brahma colours are in US. One ought to be able to get to gold by putting a buff onto a dark to get gold pullets heterozygous for Pattern gene & Columbian. Males heterozygous silver/gold otherwise the same as the pullets. Put the offspring together select for gold with pattern gene & away from columbian (chick down ought to help help with this).

I dont know whats available in Canada, but If push comes to shove you can probably backpack some through the woods and across the border.

But in the US the colors which are APA are Light(columbian) Buff(buff columbian) and Dark(silver penciled). Those three are readily and widely available, and even hatcheries carry all three. The other variety which is available but much more rare is Partridge which is sometimes called gold and is technically the gold penciled variety similar markings to the dark, but with no "S"silver gene.

Those are basically what you can find and the partridge is hard to find. Our Brahma technology is lagging severely behind the europeans and you will have to make anything else you want. Adding blue to stuff is a project which seems fairly straight forward, Im hatching some splash cochins now to use to add blue to some brahmas....Ill tell you how it works later.

i can get them but the only person that i know of is in ontrio .3 provices away. I live N.S. i may be able to get some mcmrruy if some one has in oder from them. but beside the buff braham there is few around .

i am getting lights some time this year . they are bantams . i think i know were i can get a full size dark hen . i think she 3 or 5 . but don't know were i can get full size buff roo. i can get buff bantams .

Back
Top Bottom