1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Brahma dad , who's my mom and are we 6 week old roos???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pgpoultry, Jun 22, 2010.

1. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Songster

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Well dad would be Dark Brahma, Gold Brahma, Blue Partridge Brahma or Red Pyle Brahma. Mum.....well could be Gold or Dark Brahma or Warren.

They look like roos to me:/ Anybody like to give their thoughts on sex and parentage? The ginger one is truly ginger!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Sandie

2. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Songster

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Given this a nudge in the hope that somebody can help,
    Sandie

3. Sweet Violet

Sweet Violet Songster

Jan 9, 2010
    Vista CA
    The middle picture with the white breast looks like maybe a roo. the others look like pullets to me.

4. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Songster

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Thanks, I hope you're right about the pullets, I seem to have had an awful lot of pretty little roos recently!

Sandie

5. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Songster

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    hi i see pullets my chicken at that age had alot bigger comb and waddle and was really red

6. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Songster

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    The two bigger chicks have started to scrap a lot in the last 24 hours.
    The light one has flown out of the pen a couple of times and was taking the corn out of my Brahma roos feeder whilst they were there. They did not bother with him/her at all and carried on feeding with junior under their legs. I hope this indicates that it's a hen! (However the boys are so big they probably wouldn't have seen the chick as a potential threat in any case). Junior escaped three times, so I let him/her free range with the boys and three hens for a while without any sign of aggression on any side.
    Still can't guess who mom and dad are, though,

Sandie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by