Brahma/EE cross pictures?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Andora, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I just put some pure buff Brahma and some Brahma/EE cross eggs into my bator. (First time ever incubating!) I'm really curious as to what the EE crosses will look like. Has anyone ever hatched any of these before? If so I would love to see yours.

I'm thinking they might have muffs, beards, and feathered legs, and lay olive or khaki eggs.

I'm hoping to hatch some Salmon Faverolle/EE crosses at some point also. I think those will be really cute and sweet natured...

2. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Oo I wanna see this cross too, as iam probably gong to end up with some along the way.

3. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    No one?

Well if all else fails I'll post pictures of mine when/if they hatch...

4. ajablu

ajablu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    Northeast, PA
    I would love to see pictures of your chicks.
    We have Brahmas too and crossed to an EE roo.
    Our EE roo isnt typical though. He is clean faced and Ameraucana bred. He was from a project but did come from a blue egg so my daughters are hatching some chicks from him. Our chicks did get feathered feet like the Brahma mommas.
    I think the EE/ Salmon Faverolle cross should be really cute. I think many of the mixes are beautiful and unique.
    We lost our old Brahma roo so can not pure breed the Brahma hens right now. Ours are light Brahmas.

5. DarkUnicorn

DarkUnicorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Walden, NY
    Not quite an EE/Brahma cross but...... To give you and idea:

Baby
    [​IMG]

Mom
    [​IMG]

Dad
    [​IMG]

6. DarkUnicorn

DarkUnicorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Walden, NY
    baby is a week and a half.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since this one has a dark brahma momma does anyone think the feather sexing will still work?

7. averytds

averytds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    KS
    BB/EE x about 4mnth I think

[​IMG]

2 girls look alike and much prettier now, but haven't taken recent pics. They are huge compared to our other girls. Brown eggs though. I've thought about hatching some from them w/ our best roo, but would be awhile.

8. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    Here's what we ended up with from a light Brahma roo and an EE hen that looks like the one in the post above from averytds

They look like Brahmas with muffs and beards at 8 weeks and I believe the first one is a little roo and the second is a pullet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Oh! I've hatched out a couple. But unfortunetly they are all gone right now. And my new chicks it will be a little hard to tell for a while yet. But mostly they looked like a Brahma with a muff, and also they had a bit of spots and flecks and lacing, more so than a normal brahma. Once I figure out which chicks are EE/Brahma I will post some pictures.

10. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    The white and black one likes like one I have not sure if its the same tho she was just a mix but they are very good looking chicks and chickens! I still wanna see the pics of the ones that you hatch Andora!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by