brahma - male or female, colour speckled?

This bird is male, no doubt.

Male dogs mount other male dogs all the time as social dominance, and I'm pretty sure that's what your other male bird did.

dogs don't do it for real. my female dog mounts anything when jealous. but my birds were so real!

Probably a dominance thing. Hens will mount other hens too.

Sometimes it seems to me that the cockerels/cocks think of one thing and will hop on anything that moves. That's why most of mine end up as chicken stew.

I hope he will not try that with my dogs!

Hi everyone,
I have got my brahma (about 4-5 months old) and was told it is a girl. The guy who sold it to me insists it is a girl and that she should be laying eggs in about a month. what do you think? and what colour is this?

on the last photo she/he was scared and tried to peck me. usually does not peck, eats from my hand and gets bullied by a laying pullet. my cockerel is ok with her/him, even tries to mount, did it a couple of times about a month ago. and my brahma is kind of crowing, but as a hen (I watched a video on youtube). I have got 1 cockerel, 1 laying pullet and brahma (2 pullets got sick and died).
Hi do you live in Canada and do you know who sold you this guy? And dose he sell hatching of that exact breed and colour

Back
Top Bottom