Brahma Mama or Roo?

HippyGardener

Songster
Jan 31, 2017
Jacksonville, FL
So my Brahma is approximately 10-12 weeks old. Didn't know age 100% when I got it as a chick. The other chicks have picked on his/her back feathers right near the tail, because it turns out most all of my Ameraucanas are roos. LOL!

But what do you sweet peeps think, do I have a pullet or roo here? (all pics are the same bird, I only have one brahma)

20170601_142109.jpg 20170601_142120_8.jpg 20170601_141952_3.jpg

Its looking like a pullet to me, except for the tail feathers, but sometimes that doesnt matter, I had a Brahma pullet that i thought was a rooster for the longest time! She looked just like your except with a brighter comb, When i finally found out it was a hen she was laying by then ;)

Yup, I had bought 11 EEs just recently and thought only three were roos, But what do ya know turns out we only have three HENS out of 11 :barnie Lord help us now, meanwhile I have another batch of 13 chicks my Jersey giant hatched out and i can already tell their genders, 10 for sure hens and 3 sketchy looking roos, Some of theroos are leaning towards pullets but you can never be sure

Back
Top Bottom