Brahma or ?

Labeedoor

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 22, 2009
Knox county, IL
All knowing ones. I was given this fella by a person who couldn't feed him. He was a resident of the new renters home before they moved in. So no help from them as to his breed. Any ideas?
PA290624.jpg

Not a brahma, just a cool looking mutt, probably a Cochin mix. It looks like he is molting now so he will look nicer when his new feathers come in.

You have a lemon barred or buff barred cochin (OR it may be crele, I can't really tell but I see some black/darker feathers in the flanks and tail). I've seen several of these being developed and your male looks like he has the proper size, just lacking the fluffy feathering. I think they were being developed using some buff cochin blood and I know of at least one person that was using a crele colored gamefowl male to pass the barring gene into the mix. Very interesting bird, not really pretty yet, but should be a nice looking yard decoration for you when he gets done with his molt.

Quote:
Lemon/Buff Barred birds are solid buff in color. No black or red anywhere but possibly the tail, and that's only in culls. This guy has red in his wings, black in his legs, feet, tail, chest, and secondary feathers.

Back
Top Bottom