Brahma roo or pullet

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by San, Mar 5, 2012.

1. San

San Chillin' With My Peeps

My colleague just bought two Brahma hens Buff Colombia ( that what they call it over here).
    I went to see her and the chickens today cause she has more Brahma's only pullets. But I am starting to believe that this little one is a Roo. They suppose to be from June 2011 but I am guessing they are younger..

Who can give me an answer? The last pic shows a tiny green tail feather..

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    I agree with you, that bird is starting to look suspiciously male. I think I see saddlefeathers starting to drape over his side.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    x2

4. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I agree...those look suspiciously like saddle feathers poping up back there...is that red actually there, or is it dirt smudged on his white feathers?

5. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Yes, looks like a handsome little rooster! I believe he's called a light Brahma over here, in the US.

6. i can barely see it, but it does look like he has saddle feathers, you got your self one handsome roo! [​IMG]

7. 100% roo! He has the saddle feathers, the stance, that reddish-pink comb, and take a close look at some of the tail feathers, few are beginning to sharpen. Handsome little roo.

8. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Idaho
    Quote:

[​IMG] Yup! Agree!

9. San

San Chillin' With My Peeps

It's dirt smudged on his feathers. My colleague just text me this morning saying she really start to believe it's a roo [​IMG]

Thanks for the compliment on my Roo(s) I have two little handsome fellows

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by