Brahma rooster with regular hens

megsmum

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 5, 2015
I have nine regular size hens,. I have been offered a rooster and 2 ladies Brahmas. Now my question is

How will the Brahma fit it with the regular size girls, will he cause a problem for them?

Is he a standard sized Brahma? I have a Brahma hen, and she's about the same size as my other girls, so I don't think it would be a problem if your other hens are standard sized.

I have nine regular size hens,. I have been offered a rooster and 2 ladies Brahmas. Now my question is

How will the Brahma fit it with the regular size girls, will he cause a problem for them?

I have Brahma's the only thing to keep an eye on would be his spurs they can get quite large. Other wise all my them seem a little nicer then the other breeds of roo's I have. But make sure all your current hens are standard/large fowl types.

Hi thanks the others are similar to say Wyandotte or white Sussex. The other thought is to get two brahma hens but a dwarf brahma cockerel

About any breed of cock spurs can get very large.

Bantam(dwarf) cock might not be able to fertilize large fowl hens...they just can't reach the right spot.

Thats ok we are not into breeding, Mmm or maybe
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom