Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by fluffychick430, Oct 4, 2016.
so i want Brahmas but i don't know what size
so im asking you
Large breed = more space, more feed, and bigger eggs.
Bantams = less space, less feed, and smaller eggs.
Personally I prefer the large breeds myself. Plus there are more colors out there in the large breed. I currently raise 6 colors and plan on adding 2 more.
I've never raised banty Brahmas but I've raised standard Brahmas and very similar breeds of Bantams so I'll try to give you a run down of likely pros and cons
- Less feed
- Less space
- Easier to handle (cute lil lap chickens)
- Smaller and likely fewer eggs
- Harder to source
- Can't purchase sexed unless you can find older juveniles/adults for sale
- More and much larger eggs
- Easier to find
- Can be sexed as day olds
- More feed
- More space
- Harder to handle (similar personalities to banties, but those big birds can give you some good wing-slaps if they're startled!)