Brahmas :)

Apr 15, 2019
Northern Illinois
So I've recently started changing my flock a bit by adding a couple brahmas and so far I've got all positive thoughts about them. Eliza my light is very friendly. If I sit down she immediately jumps on my lap and tunnels her head in my armpit like a baby chick would in her mother's feathers. So cute. She also follows me around and if I call her name she comes running from wherever she is to see me. The other brahma we just got and I haven't really gotten to know her yet but so far she seems pretty calm. She's definitely not as affectionate as Eliza but she isn't afraid of humans or anything either. What do you guys think of brahmas

Attachments

• IMG_20191208_202321_134.jpg
    IMG_20191208_202321_134.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20191208_202230_787.jpg
    IMG_20191208_202230_787.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 16
I love Brahmas! My big girl (named Fred- named before I knew her gender) is a bossy but lovable gal. Good breed. Very hardy, and as far as I know they are friendly!
Glad yours are settling well!

.0f.PNG

I had a brahma chick in the spring, because I had a chick hatch that needed friends. It was the only breed available at the time, I bought 2 to go with the chick. Then when she was about 4 weeks old some BCM chicks hatched, the other 2 chicks were not interested in befriending those chicks, but the Brahma liked them they liked her, and she at 4 weeks old was their mom. After they all grew up, a friend wanted chickens for her flock, so I gave her this hen. My friend is very happy with her.

View attachment 1977884
I had a brahma chick in the spring, because I had a chick hatch that needed friends. It was the only breed available at the time, I bought 2 to go with the chick. Then when she was about 4 weeks old some BCM chicks hatched, the other 2 chicks were not interested in befriending those chicks, but the Brahma liked them they liked her, and she at 4 weeks old was their mom. After they all grew up, a friend wanted chickens for her flock, so I gave her this hen. My friend is very happy with her.
She's a cutie :)

I love Brahmas. We have a young cockerel and pullet, plus 8 three week old chicks. All Light Brahmas. I bought the first 2 on a whim, and just fell in love with them.Big, beautiful, and just an overall great disposition.

Yeah I agree they're great birds. Definitely one of my favorites. I'm hoping to get a couple Buffs this year and a few darks too.
I wouldn't mind getting some of the Darks.
This spring/summer I'll be crossing a couple Lights to my mahogany Orloff. Mostly just for fun, but I'm curious what the 2 large breeds would make. Look out Franken'chick, here I come! ;)

Back
Top Bottom