Brahmas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by PepsNick, Jul 13, 2010.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    I can't think of which type of brahma to get! LIGHT, DARK, OR BUFF?? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! LOTS A PEOPLE HELPPPP!

2. I personally LOVE the dark brahma. I've had dark and light both - the lights are very majestic looking as well - but the darks are completely regal looking birds. Also they are sex-linked essentially - as they when their feathers come in good - you can tell male from female. buff and light pullets/cockrels look the same [​IMG]

3. Tylt33

Tylt33 Songster

Jun 13, 2010
    Chico, California
    Why not get a few of each? I have two buff and a dark... the dark is my fiance's favorite, the two buff are inseparable and are pretty cute.

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I like the buffs. I've seen some breeder-quality ones and they were MASSIVE. I just have one little banty buff and she's a little devil, but a great layer and foreager.

5. boogiedog

boogiedog Songster

Apr 19, 2010
    Oakland hills, CA
    I have two light brahmas and they are HUGE! And they "honk". I just love them...

6. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Thanks. Well I already have all my other new breeds planned, and I can only squeeze in 1 brahma, because that's all my coop can hold.

7. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    I know the buffs are cute, but I'm more going for light or dark. AAAK! HELP!

8. Dora'smom

Dora'smom Songster

Dec 14, 2009
    Oregon
    I absolutely love the dark Brahmas. The coloring is gorgeous!

9. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Really... are they sweet? Hey, who wants to start a brahma thread on this post???

10. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Songster

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    There already is a Brahma thread

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by