1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brahmas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by aprhardy, Dec 5, 2010.

1. aprhardy

aprhardy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Floyd Va
    I am wanting to start keeping Brahmas, would love any advice on keeping them. We will be starting them as day old chickies, we are also beginners. I looked through the older topics and didn't see anything that covered this breed in particular. I'm sorry if I missed it and am now repeating a topic.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Brahma Thread [​IMG]

Though I'm figuring you're getting hatchery chicks, (since you mentioned day olds) they're normally a very big breed, very docile, and very rare. . . but hatchery type Brahmas are much smaller.

3. aprhardy

aprhardy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Floyd Va
    Thank you!

4. Eddy Chicken

Eddy Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2011
    Southern New Jersey

..as my "hatchery" Dark Brahma roo approaches 9 lbs at 19 weeks old lol

5. LaLobaBlanca

LaLobaBlanca Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2012
    Does anyone in this group sell Brahmas?

6. Sk8inChick(en)

Sk8inChick(en) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    The Show-Me State
    Cackle hatchery in Missouri has some very nice Brahmas, as hatchery standards go.

I have two of their Light Brahmas and they are very pretty birds. Perhaps not show quality, but I have seen some hatchery Brahmas that are a lot less pretty. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by