Brain Freeze! ETA: It's Finished! Final Pics

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by speckledhen, Nov 17, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Doing a lap quilt from a kit. Have two blocks finished. And now, do you see what the problem is?

This is the kit picture:

[​IMG]

Here are two blocks I have finished and now, will have to deconstruct if it is to be done the way it is supposed to be done. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will work this way, but it isn't the way the kit has them constructed. [​IMG] I did not see this at all. My brain just didn't register it for some reason. Getting old is the pits.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I dont see anything wrong here except for the tiny squares that connect the bigger pieces together.....I thought it owuld be a thin strip lengthwise, of white and black.

3. linben

linben Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Okay.. I have looked at both pictures back and forth and can't see the problem. I'm not a quilter. Is this a test?[​IMG]

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Could you construct it the way you have them going? That's what I would do.

(The "X" in the middle - look at the colors and then at the pic on the packaging. They are reversed.)

5. speckledhen

No, it isn't a test and now I feel better since neither of you see what I'm talking about. It's in the X part of the block. The corners are correct.

6. linben

linben Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I see it now, it looks pretty the way it is.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I see what you did "wrong", but they look fine the way you did them too. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

I'm doing this kit for goldenluver, so she needs to chime in. Unless she says she likes it fine this way, I'm going to deconstruct to the point where I can turn the pieces the proper way, I guess. How frustrating! My own fault, though. It just didn't register, no matter that I've looked at these pictures over and over again while cutting and piecing so I wouldn't make a mistake.

BTW, there was actually a mistake in the instructions, though not a critical one. Had to cut so many strips of the small gold print fabric and it was supposed to yield 68 squares.. it gave me only 65, but there was enough left over to make those.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I cant see whats wrong either..
    Looks great to me!

10. Chickies-duckies-etc

Chickies-duckies-etc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2008
    Kansas
    I see it. You have lost the "pinwheel" effect the way you have put the center blocks together. A different look for sure. Do you like it? if not, then yep, deconstruct enough to change them. And the pattern of the joining corners are not the same, but you may have only layed them out like that to show the blocks better?

It will be a very pretty quilt either way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by