1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

bramas or marans or over

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SnowChicken430, Oct 1, 2016.

1. SnowChicken430

SnowChicken430 Just Hatched

Jun 1, 2016
    My brother relly wants chickens with featherd feet i thinks its a bad idea but i let it slide
    so he has given me two choices marans or bramas but feel free to tell me over breeds he might like
    thay have to be comman and cold hardy

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Cochins are a very popular feather footed breed. They are available it many colors/varieties, and they usually very docile, friendly birds.

3. fluffychick430

fluffychick430 Just Hatched

May 30, 2016
    Alberta,Canada
    hi im his bro

4. junebuggena

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Faverolles are also a good choice.

5. SnowChicken430

Jun 1, 2016
    Thanks so much but he still cant disisde what to pick so can you plese tell what to tell him to pick marrans or bramams or cotchins
    or Faverolles thanks

6. junebuggena

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Depends on what he likes and wants in a breed. Faverolles tend to have very quirky personalities and who could resist those fluffy faces. Cochins are available in just about every color combination, and are really good broodies. Brahmas are great if you like limited color options and pea combs. Black Copper Marans lay really dark brown eggs, but can be all over the place in terms of temperament.
    If coop/run size is limited, then that would rule out standard sized Cochins and Brahmas. They are very large breeds that need room to maneuver.

7. SnowChicken430

Jun 1, 2016
    my brother has chosen the maran thank you. he will have to see if thay have them in the store

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by