Brand new chick owner

dreammaker8482

Chirping
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
So, as of this morning I am a brand new chick owner, and I couldn't be happier! I have 3 Black Australorps, 3 RIR, and 2 White somethings...oh dear, I forgot. I have them all set up in a handy dandy brooder I made, and I am going to build their chickie condo this weekend. Any advice about anything would be great! This is my first time you know
big_smile.png
!!!

Well, I wanted to do an 8x8, but if I double it, I think my boyfriend will kick me out of the house and make me live with the chickens. Which I'm sure would be fun, but my family might have me committed....
lol.png

Remember your math!

8x8 = 64

12x12 = 144 (looks only 1/2 again as big...)

144 / 64 = 2.25 x More Chickens!

On behalf of the male population I submit that:

Many boyfriends aren't "good at math"

Other boyfriends will get so caught up in the math that they won't see where the answer is heading

Others will just accept the argument that you don't want your chickens to be crowded....
hugs.gif

Thats pretty funny. Although, I do still need room to fit my garden in there somewhere. We just recently moved out of the city and into the wide open country
big_smile.png
and I am going for the whole grow what you eat idea. But to clarify, I will NOT be eating the chickens. I just can't eat pets. I am half tempted to go buy a big storage shed and convert it. That could be neat...

i did an 8x8 for my 12 chickens.and also doing a run for them that is 8x20 i think thats plenty of space for them.after the dogs get use to them i'll let them run the yard thru the day.

If you want a convincing visual take masking tape and lay out a 2 x 3 rectangle on the floor. That is the total space that chicken has to live in indoors. I know a few who have done it and it did work.

Thanks! I might try that! So far the chicks are doing great, and quite funny to boot. So far I have the squawker, the shy girl, and the love bug. I am sure the others will make their personalities known here soon!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom