Brand New Chicken Keeper

4sweetones

Chirping
May 3, 2019
North Texas
Hello! I am enjoying my 6 week old baby chicks in north Texas. I have 4 different kinds of chickens: buff orpington, whiting true blue, Americauna, and French black copper maran. I am hoping we will have 4 different colors of eggs. The girls are super sweet but do not necessarily enjoy being picked up. They are in a brooder box at night but then we move them to their coop and run during the day since the temperature is warmer. The coop is almost ready for them and predator proofed. From their actions, I think they are really ready to be in the coop 24 seven and out of the brooder box entirely. Do you think it is too early for them to be in their coop at night?

Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new hobby. I agree that they should be fine in the coop by 6 weeks.

Here are some links to key resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

:welcome

I don't think it is too early especially if your temperatures are warmer. I would try it out and see how it works. If they get too cold at night, you can always add a heat source to their coop. Good luck with everything and looking forward to more posts from you.

Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!
You might like to check out the Texas thread, over on the "Where am I ? Where are you!" forum. Here's a link the the thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/texas.44/

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

0E821E69-9869-4032-9733-63C162EDB42C.jpeg
Welcome to BYC!
Ready for the coop. Have fun!​

Back
Top Bottom