Brand new chicken owner as of today!

chicamama

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Topanga Ca
Hello,
I'm Sylvia and a total newbie to owning chickens. I am just starting out and, with the help of my local feed store owner, I'm now the proud owner of 5 chicks. I live in southern california. I've always wanted to have my own chicks and have fresh eggs. I'll need all your help.
Here's my dd and one of them. I'm not sure the breed?
2nrlvgo.jpg

More, lol, much more to follow I'm sure. Right now they (I bought 5) are almost 1 month old and under a heat lamp in a make shift (safe) coop. We will be fixin it up more and more as they get older.

wink.png

Last edited:
Hi Welcome to BYC !

I think you have a nice little Buff Orphington Pullet wow the weather looks nice over there
big_smile.png
it is ok here. Have fun on the begining of your chicken journey I have 12 hens in the suburbs an I want more.

Henry

Recover!!! Welcome to the insanity, you don't want to go back. If the legs are yellow, its a rock, if the legs are white, they are orps. Either way good choice! They look like orps to me.

Welcome, you'll have tons of fun, with your chickens and here on BYC!! Chickens make excellent pets, so many personalities and they like to follow you around.
Have fun and keep us up to date!
wee.gif

Quote:
Thanks everyone.
big_smile.png

They are a yellow color I believe. I also think they are all girls. or, at least 98% per the feed store.

Are Orpingtons good egg layers?

What about these guys?
I got 5 totall and of course I completely forgot the breeds. Rocks? Duh. newbie or WHAT?
Here are the other 4
264rli0.jpg

33l1hqq.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom