My husband and I just got our new pullets last weekend and finished up the homemade coop. (Picture below is before it was finished and secured with hardware cloth and chicken wire.) Already had a minor scare with pecking, but thanks to a post here on BYC, we got it all squared away with vaseline and Vick's Vaporub. Her feathers are growing back nicely. I was really surprised at how quietly the EE sits in my lap while I check out the pecked patch under her wing. Other than that we have a black australorp, a buff orpington, and a barred plymouth rock. I know we have a lot to learn, but so far this has been a super fun project for us to do together. And he had a blast making a nice home for the ladies. It's heavily insulated (continuously 10 degrees or more warmer in the coop than outside), has fire-resistant lighting (like the kind used in haylofts), has cedar paneling, and plenty of space. (I'm just psyched about the curved roof!) Looking forward to spring so we can start an #eggwatch!