Brand New Coop.. :)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Jens3Hens, May 8, 2008.

1. Jens3Hens

Jens3Hens New Egg

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    This is my brand new coop that we just finished building for my newly aquired friends:)
    No pics of the inside yet because it is not quite ready....I will post them in a few days..
    Jen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(it was originally going to be a motorcycle shed....but I got my way!! The large door will be wonderful for clean out?[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Its great! I love it!

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    looks really professional! [​IMG]

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    It's wonderful! Tell the motorcycles sorry, will you! [​IMG]

Isn't it amazing how these chickens seem to take over everything?!?! My DH and kids are learning that one really quick. [​IMG] The whole time we were building the coop, my kids kept begging to use it for a club house. They kept saying, "This is way to nice to put chickens in"! My 16 year-old keeps begging to move the chickens out, so he can move in! I just keep telling them all that they don't lay eggs, so to bad!!! [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing the pics of your coop! I'm positive your chicken friends will LOVE it! [​IMG]

5. Jens3Hens

Jens3Hens New Egg

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I certainly hope so...Although I must give credit where credit is due...the "motorcyle shed" was nearly done when "adopted/stole" My three hens. How wonderful to let me have the shed for this little endeavor huh?[​IMG] Oh well the DH knows I am worth it...hehe

6. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    what is the floor made out of ? DID you put in a drain in center for when you scrub and hose it all down ?

7. Jens3Hens

Jens3Hens New Egg

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    The floor is made of plywood but has been covered with linoleum and on top of that a garage floor treatment made of chipped rubber. The wall have been covered in shower surround material and aside from the wooden chicken roosts and nesting boxes (on wheels) nothing is porous and the large doors can be opened up and the inside completely hosed out. We have been talking about how to hose it out and think maybe lay a tarp infront of the doors and hose everything onto the tarp and drag to woods....
    jennifer

8. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I heard motorcycles make good roosts. Very nice looking coop.

9. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Is that a chicken coop or a get-a-way house?

10. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:I guess all floors should have a drain in center , like dog kennels . Wash it all down and everything drains to sewer system .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by