Brand New Duck Mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Black-Teacup, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Black-Teacup

Black-Teacup Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2017
    Idaho-ish
    I know this is a forum for chickens, but I have also browsed the duck threads too, and have decided to say hello.
    I have six Welsh Harlequin eggs (all internally pipped!) and three are working on hatching. Very excited to be a duck mom!!
    Besides the ducklings, I also have two drakes, Aflac (buff Orpington) and Halfrac (Swedish blue), and a mixed breed Toulouse gander named Yeezma who I adore and dote on.
    I love my dumb birds, and am very excited about these babies. I've never hatched eggs before, so I'm an anxious mess right now lol.
    I hope to have chickens in the coming months as well, but I've never had much luck with them.
    Cheers to fowl everywhere.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Don't worry about not having chickens to fit in...we're equal opportunity poultry lovers! Best of luck with your hatch, there's nothing much cuter than ducklings.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens. We are glad that you joined the flock. There are "duck threads, if you need more info than we can give you.

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Black-Teacup [​IMG] Welcome!

Good luck .. any bubs yet?

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. vachick15

vachick15 Overrun With Chickens

Welcome to BYC! There are plenty of other duck lovers on this site! I actually might be getting ducks soon! I hope you like it here and learn lots!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by