Brand new from Brisbane

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mukti, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Mukti

Mukti New Egg

Jul 1, 2016
    Hello everyone.. I've been recommended this site but I feel a little silly because I'm actually just chicken-sitting for a friend for a couple of weeks. I've flirted with the idea of having some of my own and thought this may be the beginning of something..
    I know there's a couple of Aussie forums but thought I'd just say hi here first. :)

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    We have a large Aussie community on BYC and generally recommend the Aussie thread because I don't think Australia allows imports. So it's best to know what is available near you, should you decide to come over to the "chicken side." They are very addictive, as any member can tell you.

Explore BYC to your heart's content - if you do end up getting your own flocks, remember we are here 24/7 to assist you. BAM glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

3. Mukti

Mukti New Egg

Jul 1, 2016
    Many thanks.. I'll head over to the Aussie area. [​IMG]

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  5. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck if you do end up getting chickens! Everyone here is super helpful, so if you ever have any questions, always feel free to ask! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. Mukti

Mukti New Egg

Jul 1, 2016
    Thank you everyone. I was born on 'that funny little island'' so I should be right at home there.. :)

8. Clems Girls

Clems Girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2015
    Australia
    My Coop
    hey and [​IMG] im from victoria and find that despite the fact that many aren't from Australia doesn't effect my enjoyment of the site, hope the same goes for you

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by