Brand New from Nebraska

Jennifer Andersen

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2018
My name is Jenny from rural Nebraska. We raise Red Angus cattle, horses, rabbits, dogs, cats. I work full time in town. We have never had chickens because my husband thinks they will be too labor intensive. Really doubt that we can totally free range them successfully. I really want to develop a better garden with more edibles and incorporate chickens into that process. Im reading all kinds of articles and forums looking for methods people use to be self-sustaining and be able to set them up for ease of management. I like the chicken tractor concept and possibly want to move around a SMALL number in different garden beds. We have worm beds set up under our rabbit pens to develop better compost and im researching how i can use chickens to be part of the developing better food/gardens concept

Nebraska buddies!! :woot:welcome
Welcome to BackYard Chickens!!! We're excited you joined us! The website is full of useful information to help you all throughout chicken owning.
If you ever have questions, please ask! We will be more than happy to help in any way we can. We're one big chicken loving family :hugs
I'm happy to meet another Nebraskan member! There's quite a few of us running around if you look hard enough ;)

Back
Top Bottom