Brand new here and hae a question

abmaddox1981

Songster
6 Years
May 1, 2013
Griffin Georgia
We recently got 15 hens and 2 roosters to go with the 6 hens and 2 roos we had. (Different breeds, pens, etc.) For the first week we were getting 3-6 eggs eery day, (some of my hens aren't old enough to lay) but for the last 2 days we have gotten zero. We did have to pull one of the roosters out because he was beating the crap out of the hens, spurring and trapping them so he is in a cage next to the hen's run waitng to be sent to the auction on Friday. Is the fact that he is seperated and raising all kinds of hell putting them off laying? Or is it the weather? It's been super rainy for 3 days. I am worried and paranoid because we lost our first flock to IB. One of the hens has been sneezing a bit, but no nasal or eye discharge and thier poo looks normal. They all make healthy sounding chicken noises and are all active. Any advice would be helpful!

Greetings from Kansas, abmaddox1981, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! The flock could have been stressed by the aggressive rooster which put them off laying. Weather that is cold and we also plays a factor with my hens. Other possibilities...could something - a predator or even on of the chickens be getting to the eggs and eating them? I'd give it a couple of days and see if they resume laying. Good luck to you!

Greetings from Kansas, abmaddox1981, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! The flock could have been stressed by the aggressive rooster which put them off laying. Weather that is cold and we also plays a factor with my hens. Other possibilities...could something - a predator or even on of the chickens be getting to the eggs and eating them? I'd give it a couple of days and see if they resume laying. Good luck to you!
Thanks! It's not cold, but it is cooler than it has been, we were in the upper 80's but hae been in the low-mid 70's the past few days.
Gotta love Georgia weather....wait 10 minutes and it'll change. lol.

Back
Top Bottom